How to hire a boat
Types of tourist boats:
There are over 300 boats permanently based at Baichay Tourist Wharf. Boats are classified by size as follows:
* 10 – 15 seat, wooden boats: small size with a single deck. They travel slowly (8 – 13km per hour.)
* 15 – 25 seat, wooden boats: These are larger boats and offer better viewing for tourists from their top deck.
* 35 – 60 seat, wooden boats: these have enclosed passenger compartments with wind and rain proof glass windows with seats on the upper deck. Individual bunks are located in the hold. Their average speed is from 12 to 15km. per hour.
* 60 – 80 seat, steel-hulled boats: these have been converted from military navigation vessels.
* Speedboats: these are small with 10 – 15 seats only, but can travel at speeds of up to 40km. per hour.
See more: v spirit cruise halong bay | 3 tagestour halong bucht
Boat hire prices as displayed at the ticket office
|Boat Capacity||4 hour tour||6 hour tour||8 hour tour|
|10 -15 seats||280.000||20.000||380.000||25.000||490.000||35.000|
|15 -25 seats||360.000||20.000||500.000>||25.000||630.000||35.000|
|25 - 35 seats||400.000||20.000||550.000||25.000||700.000||35.000|
|30 -60 seats||450.000||20.000||600.000||25.000||750.000||35.000|
|60 -80 seats||800.000||20.000||1.100.000||25.000||1.400.000||35.000|
A list of fixed prices is displayed in the ticket office. However, prices rise sharply at peak times and may be discounted at off peak times.
The cost of hire of the whole boat can be negotiated at the ticket office or directly with the boat’s captain at the tourist wharf.
The main fleets of tourist boats
- Halong Bay Service Center’s fleet managed by Halong Bay Management Department. Its representative office is in Baichay Tourist Wharf.
Tel: 033.844631; Fax: 033.844234
- Hongai Tourist Company Fleet
Head office: Halong Street, Baichay.
- Haiau Company Ltd. Fleet
Head office: Yetkieu Street, Halong
Tel: 033. 824799
- Saomai Fleet: Tel: 033. 824799
- Hoanglong Fleet: Tel: 033.845.042
- Viet - Y Fleet: Tel: 0903.446.4980903.446.498
- Lanphuong Fleet: Tel: 033.845.679
- Huonghai Fleet: Tel: 033.845.042