Dau Go Grotto

Being situated on Dau Go island, about 300m from Thien Cung grotto, the attractive and significant beauty of the cave is its ancient and mossy appearance.
It was named by French as “Cave of wonders”.
In 1918, King Khai Dinh under Nguyen dynasty paid a visit to this cave and wrote a poem that was then carved on the stone stele to praise this cave’s beauty and Halong Bay (halong bay trip). There is a ferry well and a number of beautiful stalactite and stalagmite.
In October, 1957. President Ho Chi Minh visited the cave and said: “No visitor can convey the beauty of this cave. Everybody therefore must visit the cave to see its beauty themselves”.
The grotto is divided into three main parts.
The exterior is a room with a vault full of natural light. Many forms may be seen in the rock formations of the chamber, depending on the imagination of the visitor of course.
Crossing the first chamber, one enters the second chamber through a narrow passage. The light here is mysterious, and new images appear in the stone. It leaves us wondering what these might be imagined as.
The third chamber of the grotto is widely opened. At the end of the grotto is a well of clear water. Looking up in the dim light we recognize that surrounding us is the image of an ancient citadel and a scuffle of elephants, horses & men with bristly swords and spears. All are making a rush and seem to have been petrified suddenly.
The name Driftwood Grotto came from a popular story of the resistance war against the Yuan - Mongolian aggressors. In a decisive battle,
Tran Hung Ðao was given the order to prepare many ironwood stakes here, to be planted on the riverbed of Bach Dang River.

Read more: halong bucht vietnam | rundreise vietnam kambodscha